Monday, 24 October 2011

Catholic men - two very important dates for your diarys

For you Catholic men, here are two very important events coming up soon. Two things that I have had much to say on, the spirit of service and vocation. I really believe it is so important for us younger men to bear witness to our faith especially to our parish communities. I have read some really good posts on CatholicScout and listened to some excellent talks by Peter Kreeft on the subject.

Certainly when I first heard about these events, I felt that "Oh I don't need to go to that" or the resistance to "getting involved" as though learning to serve the Mass would necessarily mean I would contract the disease of herpes-like obligation to do so! Nothing could be so far from the truth. In fact I would thoroughly recommend going, just to learn more about the beauties of our Faith!

The first event is the Residential Altar Servers weekend from the 18th to the 20th of November, at the FSSP house here in Reading.

The second event for any man who wants to call himself "observant" and "faithful" is the vocations weekend from the 16th to the 18th of December, at the same location.

To find out more details check the FSSP Tridentine Events page.

No comments:

Post a Comment